Thursday, March 3, 2011

Louis C.K.

   Today I'm going to talk about some more stand up comedy. Awhile back I talked about Dave Chappelle, and today I want to talk about another one of my favorites. Louis C.K. has a bitter, broken down, and honest presence, which makes for great comedy. Some of the topics he likes to talk about are, marriages and divorces, children, flawed elements of society and human nature. A lot of great comedians are known for their brutal honesty, and Louis is no exception.

  Video is NSFW.

 I recently started watching his show Louie, which aires on FX, and am really enjoying it so far. He also had a show on HBO called Lucky Louie which I haven't been able to check out yet. If you're a fan of stand up comedy, like I am, and haven't watched Louis' stand up, I highly recommend it.

12 comments:

  1. Don't watch FX OR HBO. But this is class comedy. I love standup but find it hard to find comics that suit me. This guy suits me. Just 3 minutes and I almost cried, I'm gonna check some more out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a fan of louis ck here, great blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time i hear louis ck. i think of louis black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO! How come I've never heard of this guy before? Oh yeah....five years living in the jungle...

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Bitter, broken down, and honest" - that's like the most perfect summary of the man that I've heard heard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL dude this guy had me cracking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Louis is awesome, been a fan for awhile, I think he has the potential to be the next Carlin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. His show on FX is hilarious! Definitely one of the funniest ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha, Stand-up is great. Except for when it's not. Usually it doesn't make it on TV, then. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. stand up is the best! followed!
    alphabetalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Louis! I wanna see him live.

    ReplyDelete