Saturday, February 19, 2011

Black History Month: Dave Chappelle

   Earlier this week I did a post about Jimi Hendrix, and I figured I would talk about another one of my favorite people. Everyone has watched Chappelle's Show, or at least heard of it. The show sold more DVDs than the Simpsons.  Below is a video of a bit called Kid's Cartoons. This video is NSFW!
                                                
                                                                         Video is NSFW                                                                       


  But what I want to talk about is his stand up. Many comedians talk about real issues that plague society, George Carlin probably being the most well known to do so. It's easy for me to just get depressed while listening to Carlin spit the unadulterated truth at me. But Chappelle is very subtle about it. He may slip it in, and if you're not paying attention you might miss it. Not only that but he keeps you laughing the entire time. He has the perfect mixture of thought provoking material, originality, and of course some doo-doo humor.

17 comments:

  1. I enjoyed his DC special, having lived in the DC area, it was very much to the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave is freaking awesome, love the show and the stand up is even funnier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I wish dave would come back to do his show. Miss you dave.

    I like him and Chris Rock as standup comedians. And Carlin is a legend. His books are funny too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, selling more DVDs than the simpsons is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Post his segment on 'Inside the Actors Studio'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will somebody please get this guy another show? An absolute genius, thanks for the laughs tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dave chapelle is excellent. I enjoyed reading and watching.

    Maybe you could do a post on some other great comedians!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's happening with Chapelle nowadays?

    ReplyDelete
  9. His observation on Sesame Street is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dave is such a great comedian. i love him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I remember watching Chappelle's show alot a few years back. Great comedian!

    ReplyDelete
  12. he's one of the funniest people i ever saw, this guy is just pure awesomness

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't seen any of Chappelle's stand up in years.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I miss Dave Chappelle. I hope to one day see him live.

    ReplyDelete