Sunday, February 27, 2011

Nintendo 3DS Augmented Reality

   I got this from Gekobot's blog, but it's so cool I thought it deserved a repost. It's a demonstration of "Augmented reality" on the 3DS.

 "Augmented reality (AR) is related to a more general concept called mediated reality, in which a view of reality is modified (possibly even diminished rather than augmented) by a computer. As a result, the technology functions by enhancing one’s current perception of reality. By contrast, virtual reality replaces the real-world with a simulated one."- from Wikipedia.


  This got me really excited, I haven't owned a hand-held since the Gameboy Pocket, but this has made me consider upgrading my crusty old GB. Especially with a Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time remake being one of the launch titles.

  If you liked that then please check out Gekobot's blog, he has a lot of cool posts like this one.
http://gekobot.blogspot.com/

17 comments:

  1. already saw this, it's as awesome as your post describes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn that was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for such a good writeup! I've been looking for more info on this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah. I've got a friend who is obsessed with AR. I'll have to send him this link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, thanks for linking my blog!

    Augmented Reality is really amazing, too bad we have to wait another month to experience it.

    I can't wait to see what game developers will do with this technology.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks pretty fun, perhaps i should consider buying one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm doing research on augmented reality, this stuff is very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, going to have to get one for sure now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huh, that's actually pretty clever. Cool video.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never got to play Ocarina so, the 3DS will be mine! K&K

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heard this causes major eye strain, but I still want so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow imagine what they're going to have like 20 years from now, holodecks here we come!

    ReplyDelete